Man, this joke, again? Yes, I’m afraid so; it was a temptation far too good to pass up on. Once again, no, we’re not going to tell you how to download files illegally, nor a handy step-by-step guide on how to pillage ships off the coast of Somalia. Instead, we’ve got a list of all the requisite PC gaming hardware you’ll need to get the most out of the PC version of Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag on the PC.
Here are the specs, from PCGamesN
- Operating System: Windows Vista SP SP1 or Windows 7 or Windows 8 (both 32/64bit versions)
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.6 GHz or AMD Athlon II X4 620 2.6 GHz
- RAM: 2GB for Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Video card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 or AMD Radeon HD 4870 (512MB VRAM with Shader Model 4.0 or higher)
- DirectX: DirectX June 2010 Redistributable
- Disk Space: 30 Gb
- Sound: DirectX compatible sound card with latest drivers
- Peripherals: Windows-compliant keyboard and mouse required, optional controller
- Operating System: Windows Vista SP2 or Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8 (both 32/64bit versions)
- Processor: Intel Core i5 2400S 2.5 GHz or AMD Phenom II x4 940 3.0 GHz or better
- RAM: 4GB or more
- Video card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 470 or AMD Radeon HD 5850 (1024MB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0) or better
- Supported video cards at the time of release: Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 or better, GT400, GT500, GT600, GT700 or AMD Radeon HD4870 series or better, HD5000, HD6000, HD7000 series*
Note: Latest GeForce drivers tested: 320.49 for all series. Latest Radeon drivers tested: 13.1 for Radeon HD4000, 13.4 for Radeon HD5000 and above.
Those are actually less demanding specs than those required by Watch Dogs, though it does seem like it needs a fair bit more HDD space.
I recently got some time with the game, and I liked what I saw. I’d really have to play the game for a considerably longer time to form a solid opinion though.
Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag is coming to on PS3 and Xbox 360 on November 1 across Europe. The PC version is due on November 19, while the PS4 and Xbox One versions will be available once those systems release.