Last night Treyarch gave us all our first look into the multiplayer world of Black Ops 2 and I have to say I am pretty blown away. Not 4 days ago I was chatting to one of the guys in the industry and he was trying to convince me that this multiplayer was going to be different and all I could do was mock him.
Now I feel like a bit of an ass as he may have been 100% correct, not only does the game look absolutely stunning but the movement appears to have been greatly improved and the weapons, perks and stages are all refreshingly different.
Take a look and let us know if you agree or am I being sucked in by the hype machine.
So how many new things did you see there? Thanks to some help from gameranx I can easily list some of the more exciting things I and they picked up
- Who spotted that there are now more than 2 teams in a deathmatch?
- Future and past multiplayer maps (1980’s – 2025)
- Your load out projected onto the environment (check header image)
- Timed explosives
- Deployable shields – These look awesome
- Bolt action sniper rifles
- Dive bombing UAV’s
- Penetrating sniper rounds (1:28)
- Guided missiles (0:56)
- X-Ray sensors (0:22) – very helpful for annoying campers
- EMP grenades
- Dolphin, or BF3, styled diving
- OMG CHECK THAT TOMAHAWK
- non lethal blocking weapons – That thing that opened up and slowed opponents down
- The big push into eSports at the end
I’m quite excited about the eSports push as it is something that I really hope grows locally and if they start designing games with that in mind it can only help.
So what did you see and what’s got you most excited about this game or are you still over Call of Duty?