Yesterday, September 12th, 2013 — a date which will live in infamy – Lazygamer.net broke a record we have been striving for for quite some time, officially we expected the record to be broken in early 2014 following our normal growth pattern but things change dramatically at E3 this year.
Just prior to E3 our server was upgraded and a new wave of readers were able to get on and enjoy the experience that is Lazygamer.net And yesterday at around lunchtime we finally broke the 30 day rolling record we’ve wanted for so very long.
Yeah baby. 1 million hits were logged between the 12th of August 2013 and the 12th of September 2013. If you’re wondering how important this is to me personally, this is what I looked like last night. I will save you the actual video as it’s quite disturbing and my wife says no one else should ever be subjected to that.
As always we want to thank you wonderful and amazingly beautiful/handsome readers with incredible taste in video game news for helping us reach this mark. We are by no means done and plan to continue to grow and improve until the end of time itself.
Here are some random factoids for those out there who like this sort of thing.
All these facts are valid at the time of writing (6am September 13th)
- Pageviews from last 30 days: 1 067 385 (via Google Analytics; not made up nonsense using AWstats)
- Most popular article over last 7 days – GTA Footage Leaked – 39 655 page views
- Top 10 search terms
- gta v
- pokemon x and y
- gta 5
- batman arkham origins
- uncharted 4
- pes 2014
- gta 5 leaked gameplay
- (You think people are maybe excited about GTA V?)
- My current domination in Batman (our in house tracking software)
- Top concurrent (people on the site at any given second) users we’ve ever spotted
- 1026 during Gamescom Microsoft keynote
- Average concurrent users
- 200 ish
- Average time we start work
- 5:30am (Gavin and Zoe)
- Average time we end work
- 6pm (Gavin and Geoff)
- Average time Darryn works
- We are still trying to agree whether Darryn works or not
- Average beer consumption of Gavin
- 6-9 beers per night
- Average hours of sleep for Geoff
- 3 hours per night
- Number of days sick that Geoff should have taken off in the last 12 months
- Number of days that Geoff’s taken sick in the last 12 months
- Number of times Darryn has been sick since joining Lazygamer
- Number of severe medical conditions suffered by Lazygamer staff
- 3, excluding Darryn’s emotional issues
- Number of times we mock Darryn per day
- 15-20 personal insults
- The only single member in the core team is Darryn
- International PR reps think Darryn is the most amazing man on the planet. I have lost track of how many times I’ve been told that Darryn is just the perfect man and that they want to take him home with them.
- How many times we roll our eyes back at Zoe’s stupid Americanisms per day
- Total number of African media sites on Metacritic
- 1… us.. yeah still proud
- Total number of external companies who despise us but pretend not to
- OVER 9000!!!!
- Number of times I’ve insulted Darryn in this post
Okay I think you get the message, this is a great day for us and I will be popping some champagne later and dribbling it.. wait.. family show…
You guys are awesome. We love you tons and keep on letting us know what you want to see, read and hear and let us know what we are doing wrong. We do this to entertain you and to push South African gaming into the world limelight. It’s what we love doing, and can you believe some of us get to work in the gaming industry full time in South Africa. How cool is that?
I'm cranky, arrogant and ever so amazingly annoying but when you get to know me you will also realise I'm honest and incredibly good at describing myself... now pass me that beer