If you’re seeking shoutcaster fame, then you may have your chance sooner than you think and you should enter this StarCraft 2 shoutcasters competition.We’re looking for two awesome guys or girls, or one guy and a girl or two guys, a girl and a pizza place. Just kidding on the last option, I don’t even know how I remember that reference.
Anyway, the shoutcasters chosen will have the opportunity to shoutcast (commentate) next weekend’s, most amazing StarCraft 2 Invitational. They will be paid R1000 in cold, hard cash money each, for the day and be given the StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm game. Pretty bad ass deal if you ask me.
Here’s how to enter the competition:
- Download these replays: Akilon Flats and Cloud Kingdom (you need the StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty game client in order to use them).
- Pick one of them and make a video (demo) of you shoutcasting it.
- Upload it to Youtube as an unlisted video.
- Email the link to [email protected]
Things you need to know!
Shoutcasters will be measured by the following:
- Knowledge of the various races, builds and strategies.
- Ability to explain to the audience what is happening in the game and what outcome it might have.
- Ability to navigate around the map without confusing viewers.
- Ability to speak clearly.
- Knowledge about the players in the game, and ability to research them in order to give interesting information about the players and their careers.
Age restriction: 16 years
Transport: Gamers selected as the shoutcasters for the event should be able to get to the event on their own.
Deadline: Monday, 11 March
And in case you want to know how not to do it, check out Darryn’s hilarious attempt at shoutcasting.
In this article
I like bacon and games, and occasionally I say something coherent about it. I'm not old or cynical, and I'm not the Dork Knight. I AM SHE-RA! Wait, what?