It’s Friday! Friday! Gotta… oh lord, what have I done? I guess this week has just been a little crazy at the Lazygamer base of operations and we’re really happy to end the week off with a bang. The biggest StarCraft 2 event in the country ever, being hosted by Megarom and Internet Solutions that we’ve been telling you about, the one with the best StarCraft 2 players in the country and the official match between South Africa and Romania, will need some shoutcasters. This is where you come in.
To cut to the chase, we’re looking for two gamers who would like to come and shoutcast the event and you won’t be getting the satisfaction of shoutcasting out of it alone. Megarom will generously supply each of the casters with the StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm game as well as reward them with R1000 pay each, for the day.
“This is more than just a launch event, for me it’s a chance to bring a community together and share experiences and talk games!” says Megarom’s PR & Promotions Manager, Devon Stanton.
The shoutcasters will be required to shoutcast select games throughout the day as well as the Feature Match between Robert “PandaTank” Botha representing South Africa and Silviu “NightEnD” Lazar representing Romania.
How do you enter? WITH YOUR MIND!
Alternatively, you can follow these steps:
- Download these replays: Akilon Flats and Cloud Kingdom (you need the StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty game client in order to use them).
- Pick one of them and make a video (demo) of you shoutcasting it.
- Upload it to Youtube as an unlisted video.
- Email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org
Things you need to know!
Shoutcasters will be measured by the following:
- Knowledge of the various races, builds and strategies.
- Ability to explain to the audience what is happening in the game and what outcome it might have.
- Ability to navigate around the map without confusing viewers.
- Ability to speak clearly.
- Knowledge about the players in the game, and ability to research them in order to give interesting information about the players and their careers.
Age restriction: 16 years
Transport: Gamers selected as the shoutcasters for the event should be able to get to the event on their own.
Deadline: Monday, 11 March
And there you have it, good luck! Here’s a perfect example of what not to do, courtesy of Darryn, because he had no choice.