Ni No Kuni gets a Wizard Edition
What, another collector’s edition? New year, new superfluos stuff that I don’t need but have an incredible desire to own, I guess. Ni No Kuni, the game that Jim Lenoir won’t shut the hell up about, is almost here. Old school JRPG action with the gorgeous visuals of anime movie powerhouse Studio Ghibli, the game looks like an early contender for RPG of the year so far. And of course, it’s coming with a special edition that can only be described as Wizard.
Well, a Wizard Edition to be precise. Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the white witch is out locally on Playstation 3 on February 1, but if you want more than a vanilla edition, you’re going to have to cough up some cash. For a whole Benjamin ($100 or around R890), you’ll get the following goodies in the Wizard Edition:
- A copy of Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (Duh)
- A 340 page hardcover copy of The Wizard’s Companion, the in-game spell book containing a full bestiary, in-depth descriptions of the other world’s items, spells and background of its rich history
- A plush doll of Drippy, Oliver’s guide through his adventure
- Exclusive “golden mite” and “golden drongo” DLC familiars
- An exclusive Wizard’s Edition coin
- Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Wizard’s Edition Special Music Selection CD
- A set of 5 Ni no Kuni artwork cards
Yes, I am indeed a stinker today.