Destiny – New info on classes, enemies and environments drops into orbit
The latest issue of Game Informer has dropped, and thanks to the magic of it being PRINT, it had plenty of details on the upcoming star-based trooping game Destiny from Bungie. Do you want to know more?
First up, character classes. We already know that players will get three to choose from in the form of the Warlock, Hunter and Titan. New details for those classes include:
- Weapons won’t be class specific, with any character being able to use all weapons
- Armour however, will be class-specific
- Focus will allow players to customise their characters
- Each Focus has a tiered upgrade system that allows for improvements such as weapon specialisation, movement boosts and teleportation
- Each class also has a unique ability based on their Focus, such as the Warlock being able to hurl Nova Bombs
- Focus abilities include Heart of Fusion, Circle of Night and Fist of Havoc
- Some of the game enivironments will have players exploring ruined Russian and European areas, such as the E3 demo which was modelled on the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan
- Cities on Venus, the Moon and Mars will also be featured
- Enemies include the roaming galactic pirates known as the Fallen, the ant-like Hive, the robotic Vex, the imperial Cabal and the Exo machine race that humanity created
Throw in more multiplayer intel and co-op options, and you’ll see why Destiny is one of the games that I’m really excited for in 2014. Thanks to OXM for the additional data.