Would you buy this gaming keypad?
Razer has announced their new gaming keypad, the Orbweaver, but it will cost you a hefty price. Would you pay over R1000 for this baby?
Armed with features like the full mechanical key infrastructure, 20 fully programmable keys and adjustable hand, thumb and palm-rest modules, the Razer Orbweaver promises fast execution of commands. The retail price will be USD $129.99 (R1, 118). And be available within the next two weeks.
- Full mechanical keys with 50g actuation force
- 20 fully programmable keys
- Adjustable thumb, palm and wrist rest modules for maximum comfort
- Programmable eight-way directional thumb-pad
- Razer Synapse 2.0-enabled
- Instantaneous switching between eight key maps
- Unlimited macro lengths
- Stores unlimited gaming profiles
- Backlit keypad for total control even in dark conditions
So all these features are very cute and impressive, but I couldn’t picture myself buying and using one, because I already have a keyboard which does, well everything, which lead to a very interesting discussion where my better half tried to explain why the hell any one would pay that much money for 20 extra keys and a wrist rest. Pretty much boils down to comfort and [possible] performance enhancement. So what is your opinion, does the price justify the use? If you’re a gamer that enjoys these kinds of keyboard extensions, why?