This guy created 25 hours of new Skyrim content as a job application
Introducing Falskaar, a massive 25 hour Elder Scrolls: Skyrim mod created by a 19-year-old as his job application to Bethesda.
The mod was released last weekend by Alexander J. Velicky, a boy determined to get a job at Bethesda. Velicky spent over 2 000 hours creating the mod, a project he took on as his full-time job after he graduated high school a little over a year ago.
“I organized everyone involved, but the voice actors themselves recorded all the dialogue and submitted it to me,” Velicky told PC Gamer.
While over 100 people contributed to Falskaar, including composing an original soundtrack, Velicky implemented all the contributions into the mod himself.
“I had some people help me out with a few models and textures, someone wrote a book or two for me… But otherwise all content was implemented, written and developed by me.”
Falskaar features 29 voice actors, 54 characters and comes closer to the quality of the original Skyrim game than any other mod created to date. The mod also adds a brand new massive dungeon called “Watervine Chasm”.
Velicky confirmed that Bethesda is aware of the mod, and is determined to be hired by the studio.
“The best way to show Bethesda Game Studios that I want a job there and should be hired is to create content that meets the standards of their incredible development team.”, he says.
Falskaar is available for download on the Skyrim Nexus and has received phenomenal feedback from the community,with over 41 000 unique downloads. Check out its features below.
Falskaar is a new lands mod that adds an entirely new worldspace to the world. It’s accessed by a dungeon the first time, then by boat from then on out. Falskaar’s goal was to act as a DLC, adding content in almost every area. There is a new land, places, people, quests, dungeons and more for the player to experience. It adds roughly 20+ hours of content, and favours all types of characters.
-An entirely new land independant of Tamriel, roughly the size of 2-3 Skyrim holds.
– 20-30+ hours of gameplay.
– 26 quests, including a 9 quest long main story, and 17 side quests! (Along with some unmarked content)
– New items including new books, recipes, weapons and armor sets. (A mix of brand new, and retextured)
– Two new spells and a new shout.
– A bard with several unique new songs.
– A soundtrack containing 14 brand new tracks composed by Adamm Khuevrr just for Falskaar, adding more than 40 minutes of new music!
– A fully voiced experience, featuring almost 30 semi-professional and professional voice actors and actresses.
If he doesn’t get the job, he’s going to be one depressed fellow.