The Fast and Furious may be racing onto console soon
Chances are, if you own an old car that has had “go-faster” stripes painted onto it, fuzzy dice hanging from your rear view mirror and a massive spoiler which makes no sense on your old VW Jetta, then you just might be a fan of the Fast and the Furious. The films have been knocking around for a while now, and it looks like that franchise is towards a console near you. Time to paint some stripes on my PS3.
A listing for a pre-order up on the EB Games Australia website leaked the reveal of that game, and has since then been removed.
According to said listing via VG247, Fast and Furious: Showdown is racing to PS3, Wii U and Xbox 360, and will be doing 180 spins with a “Team Action Racing” mechanic where all missions are “played cooperatively, either with a friend or A.I.”
The game also supposedly has a storyline that is full of “heists, hijacks and shootouts”, tying into events from the previous film, and the upcoming sixth one that is out in May.
Play through the story taking on various roles, and switch it up as you please; take on skill-based high scoring challenges on your own or cooperatively with a buddy, and compare your results against your friends list; complete 31 missions through eight chapters in eight locations around the world.
In addition to all that automobile excitement, missions will also come with objectives, such as:
- Get to Location – Get to a target location as quickly as possible
- Transport – Transport a person, vehicle or item to a target location
- Win Race – Win a street race by finishing in 1st place
- Catch Vehicle – Catch up with an escaping vehicle
- Survive Pursuit – Survive a police or gang pursuit
- Protect Vehicle – Protect a target vehicle from being destroyed
- Enter Vehicle – Get your character inside the back of a moving vehicle
- Wreck Objectives/vehicles – Wreck target objects or vehicles
- Avoid Detection – Travel past security cameras at high speed
- Rescue Teammate – Rescue a teammate in distress
- Hijack Vehicle – Hijack a target car
- Steal Cargo – Steal cargo from a moving vehicle
The game is meant to be out in time for the film, although Activision has yet to confirm it. It actually doesn’t sound too bad, for a movie tie-in game. Which is an amazing statement, I know.