Do Gaming has announced that there is a League Administrator position open for the Do Gaming League (DGL). If you’re willing to dedicate your skills to the competitive community or give up competing in the league yourself, then this is the job for you.
Good league admins are hard to come by, but anyone with the right experience can step up and take the plunge. No doubt being a league admin requires many, many hours of work and great knowledge of how the league is run. For competitive gamers it’s quite the sacrifice to take this position, because once you are an admin you are no longer eligible to compete in the league.
The big question though, is: “What’s in it for me?” Do Gaming has not yet mentioned any money, but since it will be a full time job, I suspect that a salary will be paid and that the position is as formal as any other job. The awesome thing; you get to work from home, in the gaming industry. Take it from me; it’s so much of win.
Let’s have some specifics shall we?
League administrators are responsible for administrating the leagues, resolving disputes and tickets, managing community relations and writing regulations and knowledgebase articles.
This will include but not be limited to:
- Answering tickets and providing live support for the users of the Telkom Do Gaming League website.
- Investigating, ruling on and resolving disputes.
- Performing league related tasks, such as setting up and maintaining events.
- User and clan related support.
- Community Management.
Matric /Grade 12 Certificate
The candidate should:
- be fluent in English.
- have played numerous events in the Telkom Do Gaming League.
- be willing to give up their competitive gaming career (staff may not compete in the DGL).
- have a stable ADSL connection.
- be able to work from home.
Additional skills and experience (not required):
Do Gaming Committee member.
South Africa, Gauteng (PTA/JHB)
Send your CV to [email protected] by 28 February 2013.
I like bacon and games, and occasionally I say something coherent about it. I'm not old or cynical, and I'm not the Dork Knight. I AM SHE-RA! Wait, what?