Registrations are open for the 2012 MSSA S.A National LAN eSports Championships, this serves as part of the selection process for the 2013 IeSF World Championships and open to any registered players.
This is probably the simplest way to get into international competition and compete against the world’s best players; it’s one of the things that catapulted our local StarCraft 2 pro Robert ‘PandaTank’ Botha into a career of gaming internationally. Gamers should really take advantage of this awesome opportunity. Registrations will close on 26 November 2012 and the event will take place on 8 and 9 December this year.
The event is an open championship, meaning that any registered player is entitled to enter, no mater where you live or your category of membership. So if you’re interested in registering to finding out more about how to get involved, contact the MSSA. You can also check out their Facebook page here.
- Hosting Club: ATTI Computer Education & Training eSports Club
- Venue: ATTI Computer Education & Training,Barnes Street41, Westdene,Bloemfontein, 9301
- Date: 8 & 9 December 2012
- Entry Fees: R50.00 per Registered Player per Period
- Computers: Bring your own
- Contact person for the LAN: Frans Brewis – 051-430 2415
Schedule: The LAN Schedule for all 2012 is:
Rules and Regulations: All Rules and Regulations pertaining to eSports are available from the MSSA. Players are strongly advised to familiarise themselves with the LAN League Bylaws and all Period Specific Rules. The Period Specific Rules will be released by the MSSA eSports Board of Control shortly. If any Player wishes to provide advice regarding the drafting of the Period Specific Rules they are encouraged to contact the eSBoC who will take all comments into account: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following Medals may be awarded at the MSSA’s 2012 Gauteng LAN Championship:
- PREMIER: Medals shall be awarded to the first three players who are registered players.
- SCHOLARS: Medals shall be awarded to the first three high school scholars, provided they have not received any Premier medals.
- UNIVERSITY: Medals shall be awarded to the first three players who are currently registered at any officially recognised University, provided the players have not received any Premier Medals.
- WOMEN: A Medal will be awarded to the first woman player who did not receive any other medal.
Colours and National Team Trials:
- National Colours: All Players that win all of their Matches at a National Championship will earn National Colours.
- Provincial Colours: All Players that win all of their Matches at a Provincial Championship will earn Provincial Colours. All Players who score within the top 50% in a specific Period at a Provincial Championship, and who also score within the top 50% at a National Championship in the same period and in the same year, will earn Provincial Colours.
- National Team Trials: All Players that score within the top 20% or top three places, whichever is greater, in a specific Period at a Provincial or National Championship will earn an invitation to National Team Trials. National Team Trials shall be held in the event that a National Team must be selected to representSouth Africawhen competing in such Period in an International Championship.