You know what games are really missing these days? Cheat codes. It’s something that you hardly ever see these days, taking a guilty slice of pleasure away from a title. Yes, the argument is that by using cheats, you can cheapen a game or exploit it for nefarious purposes. But no one is forcing you to use cheats so shut up and take a look at what Assassin’s Creed 3 has in store for gamers who want to run around causing chaos.
Once you’ve completed the core storyline of Assassin’s Creed 3, you’ll be able to play through a new side quest called Animus Synching. You need to be online to play through it though, and of course, saving will be disabled when you engage in it.
Selecting it from the menu option on the map, players need to place pivot markers on the map, which can then be used to triangulate and locate even more pivots. For each one that is tracked down, you’ll unlock a new cheat in the process, ten in total.
It’s kind of time-consuming, but here’s a list of the cheats that you’ll unlock after uncovering all ten pivots;
- Made of Steel – You can’t take any damage.
- Infinite Ammunition – You have infinite ammunition.
- Sun and Moon – Set the time to day or night.
- Killing Spree – You can always assassinate, even in combat.
- Semi-Automatic – No reload time for ranged weapons.
- Ninja – No Guard Detection or Investigation; combat/restricted areas still cause detection.
- Recruit – You have infinite Recruit Tokens to use Assassin Abilities.
- Thunder Kill – Thunder and Lightning flashes around you every time you kill an enemy.
- Weather Man – Set the weather to rain/snow or sunny.
- Season Changer – Set the season to Summer or Winter.
The cheats can be activated from the Animus Hack option on the menu, but as I said before, you won’t be able to really do any story progression when they’re active. And you know what? I like this. It’s some extra content, made challenging, but with a decent pay-off. Here’s the CVG vid explaining more;
And it sure as hell can make the bug-riddled, clumsy game a helluva lot better in the process.