Dragon’s Dogma:Dark Arisen gets new details and screenshots
Dragon’s Dogma, the game that won a prestigious 4/10 from Garth as well as our infamous award of “Oh whichever god is listening, please kill this with fire”, is coming back as a brand new standalone game. An expansion to the franchise by the name of Dark Arisen is going to be hitting the action-RPG in April, and it’s bringing with it all new…stuff. Here’s a breakdown on what to expect.
First off, due to the fact that I have the Russian Trotskies right now as I write this, is a list from the press release that I was sent;
- A massive new underground realm to explore featuring over 25 terrifying new enemies
- More skills/equipment/augments:
- Level 3 Skills
- DD:DA provides each character class with a new tier of skills, giving players new devastating abilities and skills to master
- Over 100 pieces of new equipment
- All new high level weapons and armor sets for players venturing into the underground caverns.
- 14 new character/Pawn augments
- New tiers of equipment enhancement
- Increased character customisation options
- Item appraisal
- Option to select Japanese voice over
That’s the press release. Here’s what’s not included, after consulting with various experts and rolling dem bones;
- A better game
Still, if you’re one of the 200 who vehemently objected to Garth’s accurate original review and find this new game exciting, it’ll be up for grabs this side on April 26th, both physically and digitally. It’s got a new arena within which to do some missions, known as the Bitterblack Isle, amongst all the other stuff listed above. It’ll be out on Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. There’s not enough alcohol in the world to get me drunk enough to play that game again. And I’m the chap who gets a dizzy head after half a glass of JC Le Roux.
While Gavin attempts to test that theory, here’s a batch of screenshots to eyeball.