Love ‘em or hate ‘em, season passes are here to stay. We all know the drill by now. Studios love using them because it means extra cash and potentially more first-hand sales of their games, while gamers are pretty much buying a promise that they’ll be getting premium content. Here’s what the big bad bat is getting in his season pass.
The $19.99 Arkham Origins season pass will net you the following goodies according to Warner:
- New Millennium Skins Pack: Contains five Batman skins and one for Robin
- Infinite Earths Skins Pack: Contains five Batman skins and one for Robin
- Gotham by Gaslight Batman: This skin is only available through the Season Pass
- Brightest Day Batman: This skin is only available through the Season Pass
- Initiation: Play as Bruce Wayne
- An unannounced story expansion for the game
Can’t say I’d really pay close to R200 for content which is more cosmetic than actually substantial. Then again, patience is a virtue, and the inevitable GOTY edition will have all this stuff available anyway when it arrives in 2014.
Arkham Origins is out October 25 for Xbox 360, Wii U, Playstation 3 and PC.