All the winners of the Spike VGAs, right here!
The annual marketing event that was the Spike VGAs concluded this week, as the best of 2012 earned itself a few awards over the weekend. New trailers, new footage and Samuel L Jackson being a badass mother-lover made the show a step up from last year though, with the event making gaming acceptable and cool. Here’s a look at who won what at the glitzy event.
- Game of the Year: The Walking Dead
- Studio of the Year: Telltale Games
- Best Xbox 360 Game: Halo 4
- Best PS3 Game: Journey
- Best Wii/Wii U Game: New Super Mario Bros. U
- Best PC Game: XCOM: Enemy Unknown
- Best Shooter: Borderlands 2
- Best Action/Adventure: Dishonored
- Best RPG: Mass Effect 3
- Best Multiplayer: Borderlands 2
- Best Individual Sports Game: SSX
- Best Team Sports Game: NBA 2k13
- Best Driving Game: Need for Speed Most Wanted
- Best Song in a Game: “Cities” by Beck, from Sound Shapes
- Best Original Score: Journey
- Best Graphics: Halo 4
- Best Independent Game: Journey
- Best Fighting Game: Persona 4 Arena
- Best Handheld/Mobile Game: Sound Shapes
- Best Performance by a Human Male: Dameon Clarke in Borderlands 2 as “Handsome Jack”
- Best Performance by a Human Female: Melissa Hutchison in The Walking Dead as”Clementine”
- Best Adapted Game: The Walking Dead
- Best DLC: The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim – Dawnguard
- Best Downloadable Game: The Walking Dead
- Best Social Game: You Don’t Know Jack
- Game of the Decade: Half-Life 2
- Character of the Year: Claptrap from Borderlands 2
- Most Anticipated Game: Grand Theft Auto 5
Need for Speed beating Forza Horizon in the best driving game category? Something is wrong here. But then again, look how well The Walking Dead did this year, scooping up the top prize in the process. Well done Telltale Games!
What do you think though? Solid choices, or did they misspell the name Street Fighter X Tekken in the category for best fighting game of the year?