The MSSA has delayed the 2013 MWEB Online Dota 2 Championship which was supposed to take place over the weekend. The Online Dota 2 Championship is to serve as online qualifiers for the National Dota 2 Team trials.
The team selected for Protea Colours will be South Africa’s official Dota 2 team and represent our country in an official test match against Romania, currently ranked third out of 33 countries in the IeSF world rankings. 10Ten Gaming will host the MWEB Online Dota 2 Championship. Here are all the details:
As per the MSSA’s rules, being:
- If less than six teams, the championship shall be a Round Robin Championship
- If 6 to 10 teams the championship shall be four rounds as played to the Swiss System
- If 11 to 30 teams the championship shall be five rounds as played to the Swiss System
- Any player who is a Registered Player affiliated to a MSSA member club may enter.
- Entry is free to all full-paid-up Registered Players.
- Only fully-paid-up Registered Players may participate in this event.
- Entries need to be submitted by no later than Tuesday, 16 April 2013.
- PREMIER: Medals shall be awarded to the first three teams.
- UNIVERSITY:Medals shall be awarded to the first three teams that have not won a Premier medal and which are comprised entirely of students currently registered at any officially recognised University.
- SCHOLARS: Medals shall be awarded to the first three teams of learners currently registered at any officially recognised school, provided they have not received any Premier medals.
- WOMEN: A Medal will be awarded to the first woman’s team that did not receive any other medal.
- Protea Colours: Only Players that are selected to represent South Africa in International Championships may earn National Colours if the Protea Colours Board’s criteria are met..
- National Colours: All Players that win all of their Matches at a National Championship will earn National Colours.
- Provincial Colours: All Players that win all of their Matches at a Provincial Championship will earn Provincial Colours. All Players who score within the top 50% in a specific Period at a Provincial Championship, and who also score within the top 50% at a National Championship in the same period and in the same year, will earn Provincial Colours.
When and Where:
- 20 April 2013
- The first round will start at 14H00. Players shall be given 90 minutes to complete each round.
- The tournament will run via the MWEB server
The championship is accredited as being of the same status as a provincial championship. This means that the championship shall be used for the following:
- The awarding of provincial colours;
- The awarding of medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places in Premier, Under 24, and School categories;
- The ability to qualify for National Team Trials.
Some (more) important information!
The National Team trials will be held after the 2013 MWEB Online Dota 2 Championship, however there are some conditions for teams who enter for them. Teams must:
1. All come from the same area. In other words everybody in the team must reside within 50km’s, as the crow flies, to each other, or
2. Any team that does not comply with point 1 above will have to undertake to get the players in their team who are not in the same area to the venue for the test matches at their own expense.
The National Team trials will take place at a LAN venue.
Shoutcasters are also welcome to apply to shoutcast the National Team trials, if you’d like to have a chance at doing so, submit your application in writing to [email protected].
Teams interested in entering can download the registration forms below. These can also be submitted to [email protected].