It’s getting Dark in this stealth-action game
From the shadows of the gaming world, a hunter stalks its prey. Dark has released, a stealth-action meets RPG game ready to show you why creatures of the night aren’t romantic sissy pants.
“Vampires” hasn’t exactly been my favourite theme of late (Thanks Twilight!), but here’s a game that just might put the stealth-action genre and the fanged freaks back on the map. In Dark you play as a vampire, you kill people and fellow vampires to unravel a mystery behind an “omnipresent and powerful global conglomerate, Geoforge”, according to the game description. While it doesn’t sound too groundbreaking or original, the gameplay, RPG features and combat is sure to impress.
The combat is somewhat reminiscent of Assassin’s Creed; you’ll also need to earn XP to improve your character. Here are some stalker-like features:
- Stealth and action combine as players walk the world in darkness and silence, attacking their unsuspecting foes with supernatural fury.
- Use powerful vampire abilities and hard-hitting melee attacks to defeat dangerous enemies — turn into a puff of smoke and disappear, or close in on your foes in an instant!
- Powerful and intelligently controlled AI enemies mix the fantastic with the real-world. Battle police and elite special forces along with ghouls and other vampires.
- Castles, museums, skyscrapers, nightclubs and more are rendered in stunning 3D cel-shaded graphics, beckoning the player to explore — but beware, powerful enemies hide everywhere.
- RPG element mix with a compelling story – players will build up their skills through successful evasion and combat, while advancing the story through conversations with NPCs.
Dark is now available on Xbox 360 and Steam for PC. Minimum PC requirements for the game are more than reasonable. Dark is playable on Windows XP, requires only a 2.0 GHz Dual Core processor and 2GB RAM. You’ll need 5 GB of hard drive space to install the game.