Rockstar gives us more details about Beach Bum DLC
Rockstar have pretty much ironed out all the issues they had with GTA V Online and are now ready to send out the first DLC of what I can only imagine is going to be a long line of added gameplay.
So what are we getting for our hard earned cash with the Beach Bum DLC? Well right off the bat you need to put that cash away as Rockstar are sending this DLC out for free and for nothing. What nice guys they are.
So what’s included?
They haven’t detailed exactly how many new jobs you are getting but they have promised a bunch of beach themed races, new parachute jumps, team deathmatch, last man standing, gang attacks and my personal favourite Survival.
Some of the jobs they have specified are as follows
- “Grass Route II” (Race): In this sequel to the original popular Grass Route Race, go off-road in an epic heat starting on the North bank of the Zancudo River through the treacherous wetlands with a triumphant finish on the beach in North Chumash.
- “Survival on Del Perro Pier” (Survival): Skip the ferris wheel for a deadlier kind of thrill ride as you take on waves of relentless enemies at this beachfront attraction.
- “View of Vespucci” (Parachuting): This leap sends you from 2,980 feet, down towards Vespucci Beach, weaving through palm trees to land on the basketball courts of the rec center. If you’ve got skills, it’s possible to freefall through the first few checkpoints before even opening your chute.
- “Paleto Beach” (Team Deathmatch): The locals complain that not a lot happens in this sleepy town, so do them a favor and wake ’em up with a barrage of gunfire exchanged between you and a rival team. This Team Deathmatch takes place right on the romantic shoreline for 4-8 players.
- “Sundae Driving” (Bike Race): Sure to be a new fan-favorite motorbike race, menace Vespucci Beach on your two-wheel rocket, taking breakneck corners as you try and best the competition.
To add to the new jobs we obviously need some new vehicles and Rockstar haven’t disappointed with the addition of a new beach buggy, a Kalahari off-road truck and a camper van.
But the one I’m most excited about is the return to GTA of the Speeder Speedboat.
These vehicles are also going to be available in single player mode so if you haven’t done it yet I’d recommend getting the speedboat when it comes out and and heading out to sea as far as you can go. It’s a guaranteed way to meet the sharks.
Personally I was hoping for Rockstar to add something along the lines of a potato gun or light sabre but they’ve decided to rather continue down the line of realism and the only two new weapons we are getting are the SNS Pistol and a broken bottle.
Okay fine I admit it I’m kind of excited about the broken bottle.
And for those who care about their appearance Rockstar are adding some new character customisation options with surfer wear, tribal tattoos, board shorts, bikini’s and shaggy hair.
But hey I’ve got the shaggy hair already as you can see from my last picture I took after a leisurely Sunday drive.
Oh wait that’s the wrong character but man just look at all that blood. Here’s my online guy.
[toggle title_open=”Make em go away!” title_closed=”There might be boobs here” hide=”yes” border=”yes” style=”default” excerpt_length=”0″ read_more_text=”Read More” read_less_text=”Read Less” include_excerpt_html=”no”][/toggle]
Unfortunately we are still being told to wait on the much anticipated content creator but Rockstar promises those options are coming soon so hang 10.
The Beach Bum DLC is releasing next week and yes when I think of Beach Bum I don’t think of surfers I think of this.