Assassin’s Creed 3 DLC ships in three parts
Personally, the biggest disappointment of 2012 for me was Assassin’s Creed 3. A game ham-strung by too many ideas, an unlikeable protagonist and an ending that failed to capitalise on five years of hard work. As a game, AC3 was average at the end of the day. But as a core entry into the Assassin’s Creed franchise? It was terrible. Still, the game sold bucket-loads across platforms and much like with previous titles in the series, it’s getting some DLC. DLC that will turn you into Bravestarr.
The Tyranny of King Washington, which will see Ratonhnhaké:ton engaging in a parallel take on history, where George Washington has gone full-crazy and declared himself the King of America. As usual, Connor, has to sort things out with the diplomatic weapons of blunt force trauma and hidden blades. The kicker though, is that this content will be split across three parts, divided into the following chapters and release dates:
- Assassin’s Creed III – The Tyranny of King Washington: The Infamy: February 19
- Assassin’s Creed III – The Tyranny of King Washington: The Betrayal: March 19
- Assassin’s Creed III – The Tyranny of King Washington: The Redemption: April 23
In those chapters, Connor will have to use new abilities, presumably while shouting them out loud and riding a talking horse:
- Power of the Bear – Fills Ratonhnhaké:ton with the strength and fury of the mighty bear.
- Power of the Eagle – Delivers a burst of speed, empowering Ratonhnhaké:ton with blinding agility.
- Power of the Wolf – Adopt the master camouflage of the wolf, rendering Ratonhnhaké:ton undetectable.
- Warpaint – A symbol of power and courage enhancing Ratonhnhaké:ton’s abilities.
- Alpha of the Pack – Command a brotherhood of fearsome and ruthless wolves.
Sounds decent, although if there is one thing that Assassin’s Creed 3 does need more of, it’s those energetic naval warship segments. You can pick up each chapter for 800 MS Points, or $10, or score a discount by dropping 2400 MS points/$29.99 for the season pass. Maths!